Transforming The Lives of Juvenile Offenders by Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Forgotten Youth Ministries
It’s amazing how many things go wrong when your goal is to minister to people who do not know Jesus. No surprise here, but I believe it is because Satan does not want them to know Jesus! Hence, a battle goes on. While we know that we have the victory, we must use one of our most powerful weapons to realize that victory, prayer.
I believe that FYM has led so many juveniles in detention to the Lord, has gone on to make disciples of those children, is able to share our Bible studies with missionaries around the globe, and has been able to fulfill the calling the Lord has on us because of the prayer support we receive from people like you. We need God’s power at work at FYM! Apart from the vine, we can do nothing. (John 15:5)
The following are some general topics for prayer. I am also confident that the Holy Spirit will guide you as you pray:
- Behind the faces of the children in detention is a very sad, sometimes unbelievably tragic story. These children need emotional healing from the abandonment, abuse, and neglect they have oftentimes had to live through. They need to be able to open their hearts up to trust God before they can receive God’s love and learn to love Him back.
- At FYM, we believe in fulfilling the great commission by sharing the gospel and then doing all we can to “ . . . make disciples of all the nations . . .” Matthew 28:19. Please pray for the children to enjoy a long and prosperous spiritual journey.
- There are no love offerings taken at the detention center. All of our programs and services are offered to the children in detention and their families at no charge. This means we are supported totally through donations from individuals, businesses, and churches. Please pray that God will meet all our needs according to His riches in glory (Phil. 4:19).
- Please pray for favor with the staff of the juvenile center. We need a hedge of protection around the time that we are allowed to minister there. Losing time slots has happened in the past and is not a desirable option in the future!
- There are some amazing people out there who God wants to call to this ministry, not just to work with the kids, but to offer technical support, computer savvy people, people who excel at marketing and so on. We need them!
- The devil comes against us with a vengeance. The victory was bought and paid for at the cross, but we need your prayers!
“So I tell you, when you pray for something, believe that you have already received it. Then it will be yours,” Mark 11:24. This verse lays out 3 important steps regarding prayer. It is very important to take note of the order in which they should occur.
1. First, we must pray
2. Then we believe
3. After we pray and believe, we receive.
For current prayer requests, praise reports, and quick updates please follow us on Facebook.